Landlords – Are you complying with the law?
** Note: Re the new government legislation from the 1st July, 2016.
The minimum product R-value requirements for insulation installed in dwellings containing residential tenancies from 1 July 2016, in the South Island is Ceiling. R3.3+ (well over 100mm thick) Our first product meeting this new standard would be R3.6 170mm thick.
Underfloor R1.3+.(R1.5 100mm thick is our first product meeting this standard) The ‘R value’ measures how good the insulation material is at containing heat. The higher the R value, the better the insulation will be. The insulation needs to be properly installed to reach the R value.
If you install R3.2 in ceilings it is not enough to meet the new government requirements effective from 1st July 2016. What does ‘R-value’ mean? The R-value is a measurement of the insulation’s effectiveness – the higher the R-value, the more effective it is at preventing heat loss. If you are struggling to compare products and R values, contact us for help. We like to make things clear and easy to understand!
THE GOOD NEWS IS:
We offer at affordable rates and install Earthwool Glasswool R3.6(175mm) & R4.1 (195mm) Insulation in ceilings & Mammoth 1.5 (100mm thick) for under floors.
The potential problem is some landlords might go to a DIY hardware store, buy Ceiling R3.2, install it themselves, think it’s fine, then find out later they have broken the law resulting in potential fines of up to $4000 from the government. Then they have to correct the problem by installing another layer of insulation e.g R3.6 or higher.
Get it right the first time, let Dunbar’s Insulation do it for you
We provide professional installation at a low cost, with great service and meet government legislation requirements for tenanted properties in your area.
Certificate of Compliance and Warranty
On completion of the installation of insulation, we shall produce a Certificate of Compliance and Warranty that shall contain the following:
- Property address
- Details of the products installed by Dunbars Insulation and the warranty details of products.
- Warranty of Dunbars Insulation’s workmanship in meeting installing standard NZ 4246
- Compliance to the Minimum Standard legislative requirements
- Date of installation and assessment
Get more value for your money.
Call us today 027 78 98 788. We will provide a free inspection and evaluate your existing property for peace of mind
- Winner of South/Mid Canterbury let’s get your underfloor insulation sorted competition is……..
- Twizel Winner announced here!
- Wanaka/Queenstown/Cromwell/Alex based Insulation Installers/Assessors
- Launch opening in Central Otago region
- Xmas 2017 giveaway results
- Methven based experienced Insulation Installers/Scopers wanting to be treated well!
- Wanting experienced Insulation Installers/Scopers for Te Anau who want to be treated well
- Reminder Mid/South Canterbury get Insulated on us competition closes end of March 2017!!!
- Move to Timaru Experienced Insulation Installers required!!!!….
- North Otago Winner of Dunbars Insulation free ceiling competition is……..